THE XM-5ES MOBILE ES™ 5-CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER WILL TAKE YOUR IN-CAR SOUND TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Engineered with pure audio precision, you can hear every detail of music brought to life, with an extended frequency response, driven by 100W x 4 (330W x 2 bridged) + 450W x 1 RMS output power. The new signal summing feature and combined pre-outs allows for seamless installation in various types of vehicles.
- 100W x 4 (330W x 2 bridged) + 450W x 1 RMS output power
- Signal summing for seamless connection to factory audio and combined pre-outs
- Updated connection terminals and control panel
- Supplied bass remote
100W X 4 + 450W X 1 RMS OUTPUT POWER
Enjoy dynamic sound with an output power of 100W x 4 (330W x 2 bridged) + 450W x 1 RMS at 4 ohms / 165W x 4 + 750W x 1 RMS at 2 ohms. The highly efficient class-D amplifier boosts your in-car music, providing a variety of speaker configurations of your choice.
THE WAY THE ARTISTS TRULY INTENDED
Listen to the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound in higher than CD quality with High-Resolution Audio. Feel as if the artist was performing right in front of you. The XM-5ES 5-channel amplifier is engineered to enhance every track — including High-Resolution Audio files.
A range of premium circuit components work together for ultimate efficiency and pitch-perfect sound reproduction, giving every road trip the soundtrack it deserves.
POWERFUL SOUND WITH ASTONISHING CLARITY
Sony’s expertise and long years of engineering experience with digital amplifiers has made it possible to realise a compact and powerful amplifier, with uncompromising sound quality.
OPTIMISED POWER BLOCKS
The power supply block is optimally designed for low-noise, highly efficient electric power transmission, where the DC converter with a toroidal core transformer is chosen for less electro-magnetic interference. To reproduce delicate ultra-high-frequency sound, each channel block and the class-D amplification are all isolated with their own ground circuitry, minimising any signal interference.
Internal view of the XM-5ES Mobile ES 5-channel power amplifier power supply block
Example displaying the difference between frames of a conventional model and the Mobile ES amplifier model
SELECT COMPONENTS FOR SUPERIOR SOUND
The upgraded inductors with OFC wires are selected for lower internal resistance and improved sound character, while the high-capacity electrolytic capacitors contribute to precise and responsive bass.
STURDILY BUILT STRUCTURES
The sturdy aluminium frame and solid (1.2mm) bottom plate reduce vibration and wick away heat, resulting in low resonance and a tightly controlled musical performance.
ENHANCED LOGICAL CONTROL AND CONNECTION PLACEMENT
Controls for adjustments, and placement of connections, are logically placed for easy understanding and use. The carefully considered layout ensures both intuitive operation and installation simplicity.
HIGH-QUALITY SPEAKER TERMINAL
The speaker terminal features Hex-key screws, providing a durable method of tightening the wire connections while accepting bare wire or wire ferrules (up to AWG #8) for superior electrical performance, high-quality sound, and safe connection.
SIGNAL SUMMING FOR SEAMLESS CONNECTION TO FACTORY AUDIO
The new signal summing feature combines filtered audio signals from modern factory car audio systems, such as those for the separate tweeter, woofer and subwoofer, accurately amplifying the full stereo frequency range easily. And you can even send the consolidated line-level signal onto other mono or stereo amps in the chain, allowing for flexible installation in various types of vehicles and audio system setups.
- Channel Configuration 4-ch/3-ch/2-ch/1-ch (Mono)
- High Pass Filter Variable (500–5 kHz)
- High Pass Filter Slope 12 dB/oct
- Low Pass Filter Variable (50–500 Hz)
- Low-Pass Filter Slope 12 dB/oct + 24 dB/oct
- CTA Rated Output Power
- 4 ohms 100 W x4, 450 W x1
- CTA Power output 100 W x4 + 450 W x1
- Gold Plated Connectors Yes
- MOSFET Yes (Power Supply)
- Speaker Level Input Yes
- Subsonic High Pass Filter Yes
- Frequency Response 10 Hz–40 kHz / 10–500 Hz
- Tolerance +0.5/-3 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion at 1 kHz (%) Less than 0.05%
- Rated Output Power (14.4 V)
- 2 ohms 165 W x4 + 750 W x1 at 1 kHz, 1% THD
- 4 ohms 100 W x4 + 450 W x1 at 1 kHz, 1% THD
- 4 ohms — BTL (Bridge-Tied Load) 330 W x2 BTL+ 450 W x1 at 1 kHz, 1% THD
- Size & Weight Dimensions (W x H x D) 14.96" x 2.36" x 8.46"